Sunday, January 11, 2009

ZARA never made any ADVERTISEMENT?


Hi guys...good to read mails from your end about your own blogs...and most of us are finshed with them...but I will continue this blog even after 12th..because of 2 main reasons..technically I will be connected 24/7 [ues..finally I will get my own laptop!!] to the internet and the blog topic maybe related to my dissertation subject. I will continue posting. As of now lets hit to the topic...

All the girls adore ZARA dont we? Spanish brand ZARA is known for its fresh designs every 2 weeks and intrestingly its the popular brand in the UK. Below link is another blogger's view on how ZARA never advertised.
http://carlhallard.typepad.com/carl_hallard_in_english/2006/08/zara_never_made.html

According to my little research ZARA seems to be a case study in the business fraternity. Harvard Business Review writes that ZARA spends as little as 0.3% on advertising than its rivals who spend at least 3-4 %.
Just read this excrept from CNN. com ,

"Have you ever seen a Zara commercial on a billboard or on TV?

The company's founder, Amancio Ortega, believes advertising is a pointless distraction. Once when a famous Spanish actress asked to do a photo shoot in one of his shops, Ortega said no and scolded the newly appointed executive who suggested it would be good for the firm. "You haven't got the idea yet have you," he said.

The company believes that its shop windows, the contents of which are also decided in La Coruña, are all the advertising it needs"

Well I believe that word of mouth is the best way to sell your product. When one A lady uses a lady shaver...the product turns out to be good then she will recommend the product to B lady...and the chain goes on. How many of us read product reviews on line for a particular product than reading an advert? I think most of us do believe product reviews. I Do. That helps me to make a choice. From others experience you learn about the mistakes.And hence you do not want to repeat them !!

No comments: